MAY 5 - HAPPY SINKO-DE-PROP1 DAY/ANNIVERSARY
Help celebrate the historic victory by...
Calling and/or Writing your Michigan Representatives (as well as putting them on notice via Facebook and Twitter Posts) to let them know that you will NOT let them forget our over-whelming defeat of Prop-1 (Tax increase) initiative and how then went on to thwart the Will Of The People and passing Gas Tax increases over our objections anyway and demand they repeal what they had done last year. If they can find Monies to Bailout Detroit Schools, they can find the Money (w/o raising Gas Taxes) to Fix The Roads.
Write a Letter To Editor of you Local Newspaper (or post online at their Website) asking them to do a follow-up story: How May 5 is known in Michigan as "Sinko-De-Prop1 Day" and they should recap how we:
1) Over-whelming defeated the Prop-1 (Gas Taxes) initiative
2) Our Representatives defied "Our Will" and passed them behind our backs anyway when Monies could have easily been garnered from elsewhere (including Projected Surpluses)
3) How we know they passed the Gas Taxes in order to leave those other Monies for other Pet-Projects or unprecedented increases in other parts of the Budget
4) How the Roads are still woefully in disarray
5) How MDOT has announced a plan to use $80M, not for Road Repairs, but to "Replace Bulbs and Fixtures" across Michigan with LED's. They "claim" it is a "savings" initiative. That we'll save $1M a year on Energy Costs. We all know that these Bulbs and Fixtures are NOT going to last 80 years in order for us to actually see these "Cost Savings" returns and is instead yet another Government boondoogle and waste of Funds that could be put to better use. Who is getting the Contract for this? What are, if any, their connections to Lawmakers or MDOT Decision-makers?
**** ALSO ****
It is that time of the Election Cycle that some are gearing up to Run for Office. Seek out Candidates that will be challenging Representatives that Voted FOR the Tax/Registrations increases and Pledge your Financial and Elbow-Grease to them for the Republican Primary in August!
**** AND PERHAPS ****
If you still have your NO ON PROP-1 signs laying around your Garage (or get some Cardboard and make some new "Sinko-De-Prop1 Day" signs). Get together with some Friends and have a busy Road corner (or Road in major need of Repairs) Sign wave to bring back attention to the betrayal of our Elected Officials and need to have a much more concerted effort to immediately Fix The Roads!