Tea Party Petition -- TV Coverage Following 7/23/2010 Board of State Canvassers Meeting

Below are some web links to TV spots regarding the recent Michigan Board of State Canvassers meeting on July 23, 2010 addressing the July 14 petition filing for an "official" Tea Party in the state.

Challenges to the petition are due by the August 17, 2010 date set during the meeting. Any individual or organization can challenge the petition. The Board decided to randomly sample the nearly 60,000 signatures. The sample size is targeted to be around 3,800. The Board declared that if at least 64% of the 3,800 sample were "acceptable" the petition would be approved. This implies they would not be concerned that the remaining 36% could be bad, incomplete, fraudulent, etc.

The review will focus on whether the signatures tie to voter records as opposed to validating the legitimacy of the petition itself. A more appropriate test would have the Board or other State entity investigate whether people igning the document were mislead by the "Tea Party" name and Gadsden Flag logo associated with the fraudulent new party.

Affidavits from people whole feel they may have been mislead by the petition effort are actively being sought by leaders from the existing, legitimate Tea Party groups within the state. Your assistance in finding signers would be most appreciated.

Unless there is some late breaking challenge or other event, it appears the petition will most likely go through. A legal challenge would need to be mounted to further slow or stop the petition.

Click on the following web links with Video Coverage of the new party's petition and the Board of State Canvassers meeting and rally on 7/23/2010:


Source: http://www.connectmidmichigan.com/news/story.aspx?id=486975


Source: http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/99135339.html


Source: http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=7571750


Views: 10

Comment

You need to be a member of Rattle With Us Tea Party to add comments!

Join Rattle With Us Tea Party

© 2019   Created by Liberty Belle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service