Thanks Sharon, Marybeth, Tom and the whole Gang for a great event yesterday. So much came together yesterday on our 1 year anniversary of the founding of the modern Tea Party Movement. Below is a list of things that I am thankful for and proud of----
1. We showed them we have persistence. (Stick-tuitiveness) We're not going away.
2. We The People are showing them that we can and we will make a difference. We're taking notes. We'll remember in November.
3. We're fearlessly coming out of our shell, willing to stand up and be counted.
4. We're dispelling the notion, here in the Detroit Metro area, that we are racist. Yesterday we were inspired and motivated by a man of color who has the ability to bring blacks and whites together against those who follow poles, have no character and want to enslave us. Thanks to the men of God who are willing to cry aloud and spare not, to lift up their voice like a trumpet.
5. We don't cater to politicians. Notice that the one politician (Congressman Thad McCotter) did the least speaking. That's the way it should be. Wouldn't it be great to get that principal going on a national level. We've elected those who talk well but don't know how to listen to the people. We'll remember in November.
6. If each of us realizes our talent and contributes to the cause in the way we can and shows appreciation for the other members, we'll move forward and defeat our enemy.
7. I notice that we are increasingly reaching out to other Tea Party and Patriotic groups and helping and encouraging them. We're in this together brothers and sisters. As is written on the Kentucky state flag "United We Stand, Divided We Fall."